Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Parking Lot Liturgy (Thoughts on Thanksgiving Day, 2014)

It's too cold for snow
But the sky doesn't seem to know
Mother Nature's flaked on us again
As I sit in my car
And watch my cellphone's dancing bars
Certain it's withholding messages

As the heater slowly starts to heat
Everything except my feet
I watch light play off the snowflakes
On the windshield glass
And as I start to warm
Ideas start to swarm
And crash like tangled birds
Upon the dusty dash

Like:

Will this Christmas be a black suit affair?
Will the winter cease by April Fools' ?

I'd make something of these
Thoughts if I could
But long ago I gave up on the tools
That I (truthfully) never really
Learned to use
A rusty hammer
Pliers I can't ply
But if you were to ask me
If I had
I'd probably swear
It's not 'cause I didn't try

No comments:

Post a Comment